Tuesday, August 6, 2013

The Ant Olympics

Last week the Ant Olympics began, I am competing in swimming. I have been training very hard in the puddle outside my home. Yesterday I was competing at Mushy Arena. I woke up really early, ate some crumbs, drank my power shake and set off for Mushy Arena to do some early morning training. I swam for an hour doing many laps of butterfly, freestyle and breaststroke.
 When all the other competitors arrived and the crowd took their seats I felt so nervous. I thought I was going to bring up my crumbs and power shake but luckily I didn't. Then it was very terrifying what happened next (try not to scream) but we had to take our marks!!! I stood up onto the diving board and then the big round ant blew the horn and we all dived in. I swam like mad kicking my little legs and my mini arms shooting through the water. The wall was coming up, I did a tumble turn and swam as fast as I could back, paddle paddle paddle kick kick kick. My hand touched the wall and  I looked around and I had come first!!!!!! We all got out of the water and two other ants from Japan and France came up onto the podium with me and we got awarded our medals. It was the best day ever!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

By Scarly


1 comment: